Colour lover, print fanatic, font enthusiast, texture devotee
Hello! I'm Nikki AKA The Print Lass and I work from my basement studio in our West Yorkshire home. I set up The Print Lass with the aim of running my business flexibly around my young family and to scratch that creative itch.
I love colour, pattern and print. Hand printing especially. Experimenting with colours and the delicious results of overlapping inks. That slightly grainy texture and ever so tiny mis-registration of inks (which is part of the charm in my opinion). I love the whole process and the slight panic that it could all go a bit wrong. I've always loved anything with a geeky process to master.
I want to create joyous pops of colour for your home. Bright bold prints filled with texturey (real word) goodness that bring your walls to life!
Earth Friendly Ambitions This is a complex can of worms to untangle and I know I’m never going to be 100% earth friendly but making every day ethical decisions is a start, right?
- My printers are local and use inks made with organic pigments. All inks comply with standard de-inking and recycling practices, so your print or card can be reintroduced to the recycling loop if you ever decided to do so (I hope you will love your prints forever).
- I don't order huge quantities of stock so I can keep unsold stock to a minimum and reduce waste. This does affect my prices as I don't benefit from the lower costs that ordering big benefits from, but I think it's the right thing to do.
- My products are all printed onto 100% post consumer waste recycled paper.
- My packaging is mostly recycled paper & card, contains no plastic and is recyclable.
- I hope to include more RISO prints which are really sustainable. RISO printers use an imaging process that eliminates ozone and toner emissions and uses soy based inks with banana leaf stencils.
I'm sure there is much more I could do and am really open to suggestions for further improvements.
If you have any questions about my products or designs and fancy getting in touch, I’d love to hear from you! There are lots of ways to contact me here.